We view the green industry as a critical component of reducing the effects of climate change. We “strive to walk the talk” in all aspects of our business model. For instance:
- our substrate is made from waste products, pine bark and compost
- we fertilize with composted turkey manure
- we use IPM to minimize pesticide application
- we have natural areas adjacent to our production facility to support beneficial organism populations
- when we fertigate we use a low fertilizer concentration and irrigate to minimize the leachate fraction
- we collect and recycle our leachate
- we minimize petroleum-based products during production.
- our 20” container is made with a little over 9 oz of fabric of petroleum-based product in it and we recycle our 3-gallon containers when possible.
We also have a specially designed irrigation pond that collects runoff from our container pad. There is a green zone buffer strip between the irrigation pond and the container pad.